Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

In the Mail

Just a warning that this post has a lot of words and pictures!! Okay okay, so last month I put an order in online at e.l.f. because they had free shipping and I finally received my package this week! For those who are unaware, e.l.f. (Eyes Lips Face) is a cosmetics and beauty company that sells most of their products online for a ridiculously cheap price. They say they have the ability to charge so low because they don't spend money on advertising. Instead, they use word of mouth. I thought, "their quality must be so cheap and crappy" but I read so many reviews I just had to order.

Contratry to my belief, their products turned out quite well! I ordered this on March 17 and I received it April 17 so I'd say their 2-4 week timeframe listed on their website (for Canada) is quite accurate. The only thing was that shipping wasn't actually free. I still had to pay $8 because I'm in Canada.. They only gave me $6.95 off otherwise shipping would've totalled nearly $15. Additionally, they said that if I spent more than $20, I would be charged some amount because of duties and our taxes. Those also didn't happen. Instead, this was stuffed in my mailbox and I gladly accepted my duty-free package.

I don't intend to do a review in this post because you'd be here reading all week so I'll just talk about them as I use them. Here's what I got and the prices:
Essential Eyelid Primer in Sheer
$1

Essential Brightening Eye Colour Quads in Drama and Butternut
$1 each

Studio Powder Brush
$3

Studio High Definition Powder
$6

Studio Eyebrown Lifter & Filter in Ash/Ivory
Studio Kohl Black Eyeliner
Studio Concealer Pencil & Brush in Light
$3 each

Matte Finisher Clear Polish
Nail Polishes in Coral Dream, Mint Cream and Metal Madness
$2 each

That was my little haul :) I spent a total of $29 which I thought was amazing (and so did Hubs!)
Mel also put in an order around the same time so I can't wait for her to show what she got because she hasn't told me yet - she wanted to leave me in suspense :P
Hope you guys enjoy your weekend and happy 4/20 to those who celebrate it, haha.

♥B

No comments:

Post a Comment